Reading e-books before bed.

Sunday, January 27, 2013

Interview with Bisi Leyton for Wisteria


I'm so happy to have author Bisi Leyton in my blog here today. This interview was supposed to go up last week but I was busy with work that I asked to have it moved to today. Still, yay!

Nickle: Tell us something about yourself.

Bisi: I grew up in London, England and Lagos, Nigeria, and spend a little time in the United States. I come from a big Family, but currently I live with friends.

If there is one thing you should know about me is I’m totally disorganized.

Nickle: Do you have a regular/day job?

Bisi: Yes, I travel working with teams on increasing their effectiveness and productivity.

Nickle: Did you always want to be a writer?

Bisi: No, I wanted to be a brain surgeon until I was in High School, but that changed when I got to college and a wrote a lot, but then life kind of happened.

Nickle: What inspired you to write Wisteria?

Bisi: I’ve been science fiction fan all my life, so it was natural for me write a paranormal novel that was bit more scifi than fantasy. I’ve always liked post-apocalyptic stories (Logan’s Run, Jericho, the Walking Dead). I don’t know why I have a thing for the end of the world, but I do. I wanted to tell a story about an average girl who simply tries to do her best. Wisteria isn’t the smartest or the most together, but she tries to be and fails a lot.

I also was inspired to talk about a person struggling to go against everything he believes, so wrote up Bach. He is a hard guy to like because he has a lot growing up to do.

Nickle: How do you come up with your characters? Do you model them after someone in particular?

Bisi: I don’t know they just come to me. I always start out with the tow central characters, but then everyone comes as I develop the outline.

The only time I model a character after someone is if I like or admire them, but I’ve never based a whole character on someone. Just elements because even my good characters are complicated and dark and no one I know is as dark as say Wisteria’s Mom or Bach’s Dad, but they were kind of inspired my people I know (NOT MY PARENTS).

Nickle: Have you experienced writer's block and how do/did you deal with it?

Bisi: The best way is to keep writing. My greatest challenge is not liking the story and then be unsure of direction I to take and the slows me down. I’m currently in that situation with Aporia. But I’ll figure it out.

Nickle: Can you give us an idea of how your normal day is like?

Bisi: On days I’m not writing or at work, my day involves chores and visiting friends. I don’t have really exciting life lol.

Nickle: What do you do when you're not writing?

Bisi: I travel around the world for my work. So I’m normally in an office in Atlanta, Georgia; Brussels, Belgium or Paris, France or somewhere else. However I live in London and love nothing more the curling up on my sofa and watching the Twilight Zone.

Nickle: Any messages for your fans?

Bisi: Thank you for all your support and or journeying with me.

Also, if they sign up for my newsletter they will get a free Wisteria Short Story called Paranoia.

***





Title: Wisteria
Series: Wisteria Series, book 1
Author: Bisi Leyton
Wisteria (Wisteria, #1)

Sixteen year old Wisteria Kuti has two options—track the infected around the Isle of Smythe or leave the only known safe haven and face a world infested with flesh eating biters. But even with well-armed trackers, things go wrong and Wisteria ends up alone facing certain death, until she is rescued by the mysterious Bach. Uninfected, Bach is able to survive among the hordes of living dead.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *