Reading e-books before bed.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Tour Stop: Amazon by Vanessa North Guest Post


Welcome to my stop at the Amazon Virtual Book Tour brought to you by CBLS Promotions. Today I have author Vanessa North with a post about her writing. But before that, here's a little something about to book.

Title: Amazon (The Ushers)
Author: Vanessa North
Publisher: Musa Publishing
Genre(s): Erotic Paranormal Romance (Action, F/F/M)
Heat Level: Sizzling
Jack's routine investigation of rogue wolf sightings threatens to uncover both Bianca's secrets and her passionate nature. Can she trust him enough to make the sacrifice her destiny demands?

Born albino, Bianca was spared death in infancy when her mother found safe haven among the ghosts and misfits of Amazon Pack. As Guardian of Amazon, she protects the hidden pack with a ferocity that belies her delicate appearance.

Jack’s routine investigation of rogue wolf sightings in his territory uncovers both Bianca’s secrets and her passionate nature. He finds her alluring and terrifying: he’s convinced she’s his mate, but is she also the Usher--key to their culture’s most sacred prophecies?

The Usher’s destiny requires a sacrifice to repair a rift in wolf culture and set the Goddess free. Can Jack and Bianca trust each other enough to pay that price?


All About Heroes
by Vanessa North

Thank you for having me here today Nickle! Since you’ve given me the floor today, I thought maybe I’d talk a bit about the reason I read--and write--romances. I confess: It’s the heroes.

I’m a picky lady when it comes to my heroes. I want them to be strong, certainly, but not “spends all day at the gym” strong--that seems just a little self-absorbed. Though, if they came by it by pure genetics, say, by being a werewolf? That’s okay then. I look for a sense of right and wrong, and I confess, if they’ve had that sense tested a time or two and have a few scars from it? I like that even more. I want them to be gentlemen--to be nice to strangers, children, animals. I want them to open the door for their heroines--not because she’s a woman, but because she’s a fellow human being (or werewolf, if the shoe fits). I don’t hold them to an unreasonable standard of alpha-dom--I want them to experience strong emotions and to act on them.

I just want what everyone wants: a man who makes me swoon.

Jack Murphy, the hero from Amazon, really plays a sort of supporting role to the heroine, Bianca. The give and take in their relationship depended upon him being strong enough to appeal to her wolf while still being able to withstand the changes she’d bring to his life. He’s not perfect: he probably throws the f-bomb more than he should, and he definitely doesn’t like being teased, but in spite of it all, he’s my gentleman werewolf.

I hope you enjoy Jack, his lovely mate, Bianca, and their story!

***

Thank you for sharing your story Vanessa, it's a pleasure to have you in my blog. ^_^

About Vanessa North
Vanessa North was born in New England but moved to the South as a teenager, where she learned to appreciate biscuits and gravy, bluegrass, and that most welcome of greetings: “Hey y’all!” She has a degree in Mass Communication but has long since abandoned journalism in favor of writing romance. Instead of telling the news, V would rather tell stories.

Vanessa has a voracious appetite for books and loves all kinds. She writes obsessively: every day brings new ideas and stories to tell. When she’s not buried in a book—hers or someone else’s—you can find her taking thousands of photographs of the people she loves.

She lives in Northwest Georgia with her handsome husband, not-quite-civilized twin boy-children, and a pack of dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *