Reading e-books before bed.

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday [8] - Ironskin


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



Title: Ironskin (Ironskin #1)
Author: Tina Connolly
Expected publication: October 2nd 2012
Publisher: Tor Books
Goodreads
Jane Eliot wears an iron mask.

It’s the only way to contain the fey curse that scars her cheek. The Great War is five years gone, but its scattered victims remain—the ironskin.

When a carefully worded listing appears for a governess to assist with a "delicate situation"—a child born during the Great War—Jane is certain the child is fey-cursed, and that she can help.

Teaching the unruly Dorie to suppress her curse is hard enough; she certainly didn’t expect to fall for the girl’s father, the enigmatic artist Edward Rochart. But her blossoming crush is stifled by her own scars, and by his parade of women. Ugly women, who enter his closed studio...and come out as beautiful as the fey.

Jane knows Rochart cannot love her, just as she knows that she must wear iron for the rest of her life. But what if neither of these things is true? Step by step Jane unlocks the secrets of her new life—and discovers just how far she will go to become whole again.

Honestly, I'm only interested in this book because of the cover and that the first line in the synopsis reminds me of The Man In The Iron Mask.

Not really into faeries that much, I tried reading Julie Kagawa's The Iron King but still haven't finished it. :(
Hopefully this one would draw me to the genre.

20 comments:

  1. The cover is pretty cool, but I know fairy books can be hit or miss. It does sound like it has potential. Hope you like it when you get the chance to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this book sounds sooo good! can't wait for this one. The cover stands out! I love it!


    My WoW pick
    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)




    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)




    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. I've been trying to finish The Iron King, a lot of people seem to like it, but for some reason, I can't finish it. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover on this one as well!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I posted but it must not have gone through?!


    I love this cover as well!


    Thanks for stopping by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received it. Disqus holds comments with links in moderation. I have to manually approve them.

    Thanks for dropping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of that book. I'm a new GFC follower.

    Here's my WoW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick! I really want to read this book when it comes out. It's been on my wishlist for months!




    WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm actually in the middle of reading this one haha.So far not bad, but I have the same problem of not being really into fairy/fey books haha.
    The cover is so gorgeous though!

    This is my WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh. I do love the cover <3 Really pretty ;) Great pick :D Hope you'll be able to enjoy it :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great cover and choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Nickie Love!
    I love saying both names together, they're badass!!! Okay so this book definitely looks interesting. Did you know it's on NG? Go to the publisher part of NG and you can totally request it and read early!;) I hope you love it. Thank you for visiting my WoW this week. Happy Hump Day!!;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every time I see this, I fall more in love with the cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm counting the days until "Ironskin" is released. Seriously. It'll be my birthday present to myself. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I definitely have this one on my to-read list but I won't be rushing off to buy it first thing when it comes out. I will read it at some point though and I hope you enjoy it when you get the chance to read it. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait for this one too! I am so excited for it. I am loving the cover so much!Great pick! Thanks for sharing :)


    MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter
    Our WoW this week

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want this
    book too!! Great pick! Thanks so much for spotlighting it today. Please check
    out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Same. With my current reading list, I can't just go off and buy new books. I want to finish at least half of what I own first.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love faeries actually! Very curious about this one. Sounds really unique! Thanks for sopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *