Reading e-books before bed.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday [6] - Valkyrie Rising

I haven't participated in WoW in a while. There's just too many previously published books that I want to read that I haven't paid attention in upcoming books. But I was browsing my TBR list and found out that there's still a lot of unpublished novels there so I decided to feature them here instead. :)


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


Title: Valkyrie Rising
Author: Ingrid Paulson
Expected Publication: October 9th 2012
Publisher: HarperTeen
Goodreads
Nothing ever happens in Norway. But at least Ellie knows what to expect when she visits her grandmother: a tranquil fishing village and long, slow summer days. And maybe she’ll finally get out from under the shadow of her way-too-perfect big brother, Graham, while she’s there.

What Ellie doesn’t anticipate is Graham’s infuriating best friend, Tuck, tagging along for the trip. Nor did she imagine boys going missing amid rumors of impossible kidnappings. Least of all does she expect something powerful and ancient to awaken in her and that strange whispers would urge Ellie to claim her place among mythological warriors. Instead of peace and quiet, there’s suddenly a lot for a girl from L.A. to handle on a summer sojourn in Norway! And when Graham vanishes, it’s up to Ellie—and the ever-sarcastic, if undeniably alluring Tuck—to uncover the truth about all the disappearances and thwart the nefarious plan behind them.

Deadly legends, hidden identities, and tentative romance swirl together in one girl’s unexpectedly-epic coming of age.

First of all, look at the cover, that was the first thing that caught my interest. I think it's really pretty. The second thing that caught my interest is the word Valkyrie. I like that word ever since I encountered it while playing a MMORPG back in college.

The story sounds interesting too! I am seriously intrigued and fortunately, this baby comes out in October. That's just next month. ^_^

What's on your WoW this week?

13 comments:

  1. my friend who read my early e-copy of VR said it's REALLY good. can't wait to read it myself. great pick :)


    our WoW


    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had this one on my TBR pile for ages. It sounds really interesting. Great pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is an awesome cover...and blurb. Enjoy! You had me at "Norway."

    Here's

    MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to this too! I think it sounds great and I love the cover. October isn't too far away either so that's good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an interesting book! I'm definitely interested too. I'm with you, the cover is awesome.
    Thanx for visiting my WoW



    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal
    Palace

    ReplyDelete
  6. i\ve been waiting for this . gr8 wow
    my wow

    ReplyDelete
  7. On my TBR list too!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never heard of this - but it looks good :) Awesome cover!
    The Brunette Librarian's Waiting on Wednesday Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just got this a couple weeks ago and I'm so looking forward to starting it! Ingrid is also doing a couple events in my area so I'm excited for that :) Awesome pick!!










    Anna @ Literary Exploration
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been seeing this everywhere but now's just the time I added it on my GR tbr.
    Thanks for stoppin by my WoW!
    Michelle Shouts Random

    ReplyDelete
  11. This cover is awesome..adding to my own list!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *