Reading e-books before bed.

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tour Stop: Transcend Guest Post


Welcome to my stop at the Transcend Book Tour, organized by Heather of SupaGurl Books.
I have Christine Fonseca here today to share a deleted scene from her book.
Don't forget to follow the tour to learn more about Transcend and Christine. ^_^

Before anything else, here's some info about the book.


Title: Transcend
Author: Christine Fonseca
Publication Date: September 18, 2012
Publisher: Compass Press
ISBN: 9780985180478
Add to Goodreads
All seventeen-year-old composer Ien Montgomery desires is an escape from his family's rigid expectations for his life; someone to inspire his music. When he meets a beautiful violin-prodigy, Kiera McDougal, his life music takes on new life. With her, he imagines a future outside of his parents’ control. That is, until a horrible accident tears them apart.

Sent to die in a sanatorium, Ien’s obsession for Kiera grows unbearable. Tortured by thoughts he can’t escape and the truth of his monstrous disfigurement, he flees, desperate to exact revenge on the people that ruined his life – his parents. But, vengeance is empty. Betrayed by those closest to him, Ien discovers that the price for his happiness may be his sanity.

Set amidst the landscape of New York's Gilded Age, and inspired by Phantom of the Opera, TRANSCEND exposes the fine line between love and madness.

And now I turn you over to Christine...

Monday I introduced everyone to a special deleted scene told from Kiera’s POV. You can read part 1 here. Part 2 can be found here:

Today, we continue the scene from Kiera’s POV, with the final part of Kiera’s scene:

James stiffens, pulling me from my grief for a moment.

“You!” The voice is distant, outside of the terror I’m treapped within. “You did this.”

The voice is hard as ice, and just as cold.

“Mrs. Montgomery,” James says as he releases his hold on me and stands.

Mrs. Montgomery? Ien never let me meet her, insisting that he wouldn't make anyone go through that experience. I never understood what he meant then. But now…I’m beginning to get an idea. I pull myself to a stand, facing the part of Ien I have now.

He looks as hard as her voice sounds. Unyielding and without compassion—the exact opposite of everything Ien is…was.

“James. Why are you here?” Her voice is unwavering in its hatred.

“I came as soon as I heard the noise. This is the path Ien usually takes—”

“When he comes from seeing her.” The disdain toward me is palpable.

I swallow hard, mustering enough courage to speak. “Mrs. Montgomery,” I choke. “I’m—”

“I know who you are, girl. And I know that you are the cause of this.” She sweeps her arms around the scene. “All of it.”

“No,” I stammer. “I didn’t do anything…”

“If it hadn’t been for you, Ms. McDougal, my son would not have been here. He would not have died.”

I want to protest her words, but I can’t. She’s right. I am the reason he was in town. I am the reason for so many others things I dare not say.

I am the reason he’s…

I can’t bring myself to think the word. Not now. Not ever.

A scuffle breaks out by the almost extinguished fire, as someone

I don't know carries a body from the wreckage. My chest seizes.

Ien.

Before I can run to him, Mrs Montgomery clamps down on my arm, squeezing the blood from it.

“He is not your concern anymore, Ms. McDougal.”

I open my mouth to disagree, but Mrs. Montgomery stares at me, an evil stare the roots me to the spot.

“James, keep her here with you or I will be happy to tell your father the things I know about they ways you spend your social time.”

He stiffens and swallows hard. Whatever she knows, it isn’t good.

“Go home Kiera. I’ll let you know what happens.”

“No,” I force past my lips.

“Please, Kiera. Go home.” The color drains from James’ face and I know that Mrs. Montgomery’s threat has scared him.

I look past James, fixated on the smoldering body on the ground. Ien has to be dead. Nothing could survive the burns covering that body.

Nothing.

I hope you enjoyed Kiera’s Point of View. Amazing how many changes a books goes through during the writing process!

About Christine Fonseca


School psychologist by day, critically acclaimed YA and nonfiction author by night, Christine Fonseca believes that writing is a great way to explore humanity. Her many titles include TRANSCEND, DIES IRAE, LACRIMOSA, MEA CULPA, and in nonfiction: 101 SUCCESS SECRETS FOR GIFTED KIDS and EMOTIONAL INTENSITY IN GIFTED STUDENTS.

When she’s not writing or spending time with her family, she can be sipping too many skinny vanilla lattes at her favorite coffee house or playing around on Facebook and Twitter. Catch her daily thoughts about writing and life on her blog.

For more information about Christine Fonseca or the series, visit her website – http://christinefonseca.com or her blog http://christinefonseca.blogspot.com.

Follow the Tour

2 comments:

  1. Awesome!!! I loved this book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for dropping by. ^_^
    I'm in the middle of reading it.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *