Reading e-books before bed.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week has a new topic which bloggers would answer. This week, the topic is "Series I Haven't Finished".

I consider myself a series junkie because I LOVE watching TV series. It also applies to books since a part of me prefers reading series'.

Here's my list, in random order:

  1. A Series of Unfortunate Events by Lemony Snicket. I have been intrigued with this series for the longest time. So far I've only read the first book, The Bad Beginning, and liked it.


  2. The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith. I love the TV series and ever since I started watching it, I told myself that I should read the books. I bought The Awakening and The Struggle but have only read the former. :(


  3. The Southern Vampire Mysteries / Sookie Stackhouse by Charlaine Harris. I'm not really a vampire person, I only started liking them when True Blood and TVD came out. I've read 3 from this series so far and I plan to read the 4th before the year ends.


  4. Fearless by Francine Pascal. I read this series during my Junior/Senior year in High School and maybe during college, I can't really remember. What I do remember is missing books #5, #10, and #11. It's been a very long time and I barely remember what happened in the story.




  5. The Immortals by Alyson Noel. I read the first two books in this series, they're light read and easy to finish, but I had to skip the rest because I had other books to read.


  6. T*Witches by H.B. Gilmour. Another series I read during my freshman year in college. I picked it up and finished 2 books in the series, but then I couldn't find the rest of it in the bookstore. Boo! :(
    I don't think I'll ever finish this now, which is kinda sad since I prefer finishing series that I started.


  7. Charmed by Constance M. Burge. I followed and finished the TV series and when I found the books in the bookstore, I bought the first one, loved it and bought the rest every time I had money. I think I've only read up till book #13 or #14, but I own some books from #15-#20s





  8. The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa. I picked up the first book in the series for the July mermaids and faeries challenge but I couldn't finish it. Don't hate me. I know a lot of people love this series and maybe it's just not my thing. But I do intend to finish this book and hopefully end up liking it to finish the rest of the series.


  9. Freewill by Elyse Draper. There are 3 books in this series and the author gave me copies to read and review. I just finished the first book the other day and plan to read the other two in the next 2 months.


  10. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James. I couldn't get past chapter 1! I don't understand why people love this crap. But for the sake of finishing what I started, I might continue torturing myself reading this and the rest of the series.


And of course, there are series that I want to finish but the next book aren't available yet. Click the image for more info about each book.









I've shared mine, what about yours?

14 comments:

  1. I love the Sookie Stackhouse novels, but the first half of the books or so are definitely better. It sort of feels like Charlaine Harris is just writing for the sake of it in the last couple =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the (many) annoying things about series....You start a series and the author hasn't even finished writing the final book! Who knows if he will?! He could pass away and where would we be left then?!


    Here's my Top Ten Series I Haven't Finished. I hope you will stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin @ Quixotic MagpieSeptember 25, 2012 at 7:02 PM

    I hated Fifty Shades too. I forced myself to finish the first one but that is it. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fortunately, some of them are indie authors and are scheduled to release the next book in the series some time soon. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right? Right? I couldn't stand the writing style, but a friend told me that I should give it a chance or something. Meh. There are lots of indie authors with far more amazing novels than that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really? Aaw.. That's too bad. I'm actually intrigued how book 4 is like, since True Blood season 4 is mostly about The Authority and less Sookie exposure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool to see the Charmed series here! I started reading the series in Dutch, but they stopped translating it. I really wanted to finish it so I have the last few in English! They're nice reads, but no must :)


    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw. That's too bad. I bought like books in the series but haven't read them. Those were the times when I got hooked with games and US TV series

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only ever read the first two of Sookie Stackhouse books but just wasn't that into them!

    I am also DYING to finish the Delirium series. FREAKING NEED REQUIEM!!

    My Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Sookie Stackhouse series sometimes feel like 'meh' to me but I still read it, they're quite all right, I guess.

    YES! REQUIEM NOW! Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Subscribed to your blog on your #10 alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Sookie Stackhouse novels. I do agree with a bunch of those being hard to get through:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the Sookie Stackhouse novels. I do agree with a bunch of those being hard to get through:)

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *