Reading e-books before bed.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Moon Dwellers Interview featuring Tristan and Adele


Ah, the end of a great month. Today, The Star Dwellers was officially released and I just bought myself an ebook copy because I cannot wait any longer. I need to know what happens to Tristan and Adele. But before events in The Star Dwellers took place, I was fortunate enough to conduct an interview with our beloved couple.

I saw Tristan walking down the street and asked if he could answer a few questions:

Nickle: Thank you for sparing a bit of your time and allowing me to interview you, Tristan. I am so honored to have you here today. Would you mind telling us a little more about yourself?

Tristan: Hi Ms. Love, I really appreciate you taking the time to interview me today. Typically, I don’t like to do interviews as most interviewers are sun dwellers, who I don’t particularly get along with, but seeing as you’re an earth dweller, I’m more than happy to answer a few questions. A little about myself? Let’s see. Well, as I’m sure you know, I’m unfortunately a sun dweller and the 17-year-old son of the President of the Tri-Realms. I say “unfortunately” because I really don’t feel like I belong here, although my father would have a few things to say about that if he heard it. Not that long ago I ran away from home to escape my father and his tyrannical politics. Luckily, I didn’t have to go alone, because my best friend, Roc, (who also happens to be my servant) came along with me.

I have a 15-year-old brother, too, but he’s becoming a bit of a jerk, trying to please my dad and all. We mostly just argue when we’re together now. Oh, and he and a group of his buddies beat me up the other day. It kind of sucked.

What else? Hmmm, I guess I’d say that I miss my mom a lot. She meant everything to me, but I understand why she would leave the Sun Realm. After all, I ended up leaving too. I hope one day I’ll find her again.

Nickle: I do hope you find her too, just like how Adele found her father and sister. Anyway, do you have any hobbies?

Tristan: In my world I don’t have a lot of time for hobbies as my father forces me into a rigorous training regimen. I don’t mind the physical training so much, as it takes my mind off of missing my mom. The emotional and mental training, however, is essentially comprised of one on one mentoring sessions with my father, his highness. Essentially he just tries to brainwash me and my brother into believing all the crap about the sun dwellers being superior to the moon and star dwellers, but mostly I just ignore it. If I ever try to argue with him though, he just hits me, so I pretty much just pretend to listen and then flush all of his words down the figurative toilet in my mind.

Nickle: Your father sounds like an awful person. Let's not dwell on him any longer. Do you have a favorite food?

Tristan: You know, I should like so many different foods considering we have a personal team of chefs in the palace, but the food, no matter how delicious, just tastes like mud to me these days. It reminds me of everything I have, when the people of the Lower Realms barely have enough to feed their families. But if I had to choose something, I’ve always had a taste for chocolate. Chocolate anything really.

Nickle: Let's talk about Adele. What do you think it is about her that caught your attention?

Tristan: I don’t know, it’s weird. I don’t understand it fully myself. Roc says I’m crazy and that he doesn’t understand why I’m acting so girl-crazy over her. It’s almost as if there’s something supernatural about my connection to her, but I know that’s just crazy talk. When I first saw her I got these weird tingles and shivers in my spine and scalp and I couldn’t take my eyes off of her. Strange, I know. But then I couldn’t get her out of my mind, and I’ve fainted once and almost fainted again when thinking about her. I also dream of her. It’s all very unusual for me, as I can’t stand the sun dweller girls who throw themselves at me up in the Sun Realm. Sometimes being a celebrity can really suck.

I guess I haven’t really answered your question. I definitely love Adele’s looks. Even from far away I could tell she was beautiful, with silky black hair, mesmerizing green eyes, a rockin’ bod—umm, this is embarrassing, but yeah, she’s hot, okay? But I also like that she’s tough as nails, a real fighter, ya know? Like when I first saw her she defended her friend, Tawni, and herself from this tatted up gang banger. And I was there when she killed this real bad dude named Rivet who works for my father, too. She’s so different than all the sun dweller girls, which is awesome.

Nickle: How does it feel to finally meet Adele only to have her leave again?

Tristan: I can’t express how hard it was. It’s like I worked so hard, nearly died, watched her nearly die, was just starting to get to know her, and then she’s gone in a blur. Some people who have read my account have told me how frustrated they were that I fought so hard to catch her and then we were pulled apart again, but just think how frustrating it was for me! But it was the right decision. I have to do what’s right for the Tri-Realms and have faith that I’ll be able to see Adele again. At least I know she’s strong enough to take care of herself. Someday, when things are better in the Tri-Realms, hopefully we can really get to know each other and see where things go, but for now I’m just happy that she knows who I am and that I’m not like my father.

Nickle: That's good, good for you both. Just one last thing, is there anything else you would like to say to your fans?

Tristan: I’ll have to split this. To my sun dweller fans, particularly the screaming, undergarment-throwing females, I’m not going to marry you or autograph your clothing or body parts, or even talk to you. Do something more useful with your time than chase me around the Sun Realm bothering me. Sorry, but that’s the way I feel.

To my moon and star dweller fans I say this: don’t just accept the lot you’ve been given in life. There’s more to life than slaving away in the mines and paying my father’s ridiculous taxes. I encourage you to join the Resistance, to be strong for the future of your children and your children’s children. Together united, we can change things. Have hope, I’m with you!

And with that I must leave you, as I have a critical meeting with the moon dweller vice presidents where we’ll decide whether to declare war on the Sun Realm. It’s been a pleasure answering your insightful questions!

Nickle: Thank you for your time, Tristan. Good luck with the meeting.


As much as I didn't want to let go of Tristan, he has far more important things to do and I'm not in the position to keep him around so I decided to look for Adele instead. I caught up after her afterwards, she was on her way to the Star Realm:

Nickle: Hey Adele, I know you have to be somewhere important, but would you mind obliging me with an interview? Can you tell us more about yourself?

Adele: Wow, this is so weird! I’m still getting used to the fact that anyone would want to interview me. I mean, to think that people around the Tri-Realms have seen my face on their teleboxes and that they know my name is just nuts. Where do I start? Well, I’m just a moon dweller girl, 17-years-old, the daughter of a miner. My mom just stays home, preparing food and taking care of our small, stone house. My sister, Elsey, is seven years younger than me and is a real firecracker, but I love her. I love all my family. (Closes eyes, pauses, takes a deep breath).

I’m sorry, it’s just hard. I don’t want to complain, but to finally be reunited with my father and sister and then to have to leave them was tough. I’m hoping to find my mom, but even that’s not a guarantee—I’m not even sure she’s alive. I really miss them all. If I didn’t have my friend, Tawni, with me, I don’t know what I’d do.

Other things about me? Umm, I guess I spent a lot of my childhood learning how to fight with my dad as my teacher. It’s helped me so much along the way, I don’t think I’d be alive if it weren’t for the training he gave me.

Nickle: That's good to know. So, what do you do for fun?

Adele: Fun? What’s that? Down in the Moon Realm there’s not much fun. Everyone works so hard here, and yet we never seem to get anywhere. The most fun I have is spending time with my family. I also like joking around a lot, being sarcastic, that type of thing. It helps to take my mind off of all the bad stuff. Sometimes it seems weird joking in scary situations, but it always helps.

Nickle: Let's talk about Tristan, how does it feel to be followed by him all around Moon realm?

Adele: Ridiculous, unbelievable, insane—like padded-room-strait-jacket insane. To be honest, I was shocked. When I saw him from afar, I thought we made eye contact, and I felt this weird tingling in my scalp and spine (which I still feel every time I’m near him, mind you), but I never thought he would leave his lavish lifestyle in the Sun Realm to come looking for me.

But after meeting him, something about it all just feels right, like it was always supposed to happen this way. He’s so down to earth, so genuine, and just an all-around nice guy. I guess what I’m saying is that I can see myself dating him someday, if we both manage to survive the next couple weeks that is. I hope we get the chance to see where it all goes.

Nickle: How was life before The Pen?

Adele: Hard, but so much better. Sometimes I feel like spending time in the Pen, which is a juvenile detention center, sucked all the life out of me, but then I remember how I felt when I first saw Tristan, when I was reunited with my dad and Elsey, how sad I was when one of my friends died, that I know I’m still alive and maybe can be whole again someday.

Before the Pen I spent so much time with my family. In the mornings before school I’d train with my father, learning to kick and punch and fight with swords and staffs and shoot bow and arrows. It was awesome and fun. At night we’d joke and watch our small telebox and read books. We didn’t have much, but we had each other. That’s what I’m fighting for. That’s what I want to get back.

Nickle: Were you always close with your sister?

Adele: Always. Despite the fact that she’s so much younger, I always got along with her. I enjoyed reading to her, especially after my grandmother passed. My grandmother used to read to me, and I wanted Elsey to love books as much as I do, so I read to her. We don’t have that much in common, except that we love each other and my parents. I’ve always felt protective of her, too, and it just about broke my heart when they took her to that horrible orphanage. Breaking her out was one of the things I’m most proud of.

Nickle: Do you have any messages for your fans?

Adele: Fans? What fans? Celebrities have fans and I’m no celebrity. But if there is anyone out there who’s cheering for me, who appreciates what I’m trying to do, then I’d say to them to always appreciate what you have, because you never know when it might be taken away from you. Fight for what you believe in, and help defend those who are weaker than you. I’ve learned not to allow myself too much self-pity, too, as it will eat you up inside like a cancer. Do what’s right and although things won’t always go your way, at least you can sleep knowing you did what you could for the people you love.

Well, thank you for asking me questions, it still feels weird that you’d care what I think about anything, but it feels good too. I hope this message gets to the ears of those who it will mean the most to.

Nickle: Ah, it sure will. Thank you for time and good luck with finding your mother.

***

That was fun. What do you think about the interview? If you would like to ask Tristan and Adele questions, you can leave them in the comments and I'll make sure to ask them next time.

While you're here, make sure to check out other posts dedicated to celebrate David Estes and The Moon Dwellers this whole month of September.

This week is your last chance to join our giveaway. David has donated 2 copies each of The Dwellers series and The Evolution Trilogy.

a Rafflecopter giveaway

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *