Reading e-books before bed.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Teaser Tuesday [1] - Freewill by Elyse Draper


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along!
Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I'm reading Elyse Draper's Freewill, the first in the Freewill series. I've been reading it for a week, I keep getting distracted hence taking a while to finish. :(


Title: Freewill (Freewill #1)
Author: Eyse Draper
Published: March 11th 2012 by Elyse Draper
Add to Goodreads
Told as a paranormal fairytale, with science-fiction and dark-mystery/thriller overtones, the main character, Ellie, has discovered an ancient world that exists within, and alongside, our own. To survive the mysterious and dangerous, she has to learn what she has become since her death, where her strength really resides, and how to love and be loved. Unbeknownst to her, destiny's stop watch is counting down, secret organizations are watching her every move, and her family's past may destroy her future.

Here's a teaser from 33% into the ebook. ^_^
As he played different songs in different styles, he would adjust the computer to introduce different instruments. By the time he was done, I could hear an entire concert through his earphones and the computer's speakers.

Who is this talented man? Are you intrigued yet? It's a pretty good read so far, I'm still at the point where I'm figuring out what the story is about.

Author Bio

Elyse Draper, as a native Coloradan, brings a distinctive vision of the Rocky Mountains to life. When that sight is combined with her love of world travel, history, sociological sciences, psychology, and humanism, the outcome is a setting that spans the world and imagination. That aptitude when mixed with an educational background of law, philosophy, and French, brings the result of a fantastic yet realistic renaissance storyline, ultimately taking the reader on an exceptional journey.

Working as a freelance journalist for Examiner.com, Elyse reports on the publishing world and supports Denver's local literary contributors as Denver's Author Examiner. Still living in Colorado with her husband and daughter, she is working on her newest speculative fiction novel. Coming in 2012, keep a look out for the next two novels in the 'Freewill' trilogy, 'Consequences' and 'Vindication'.


9 comments:

  1. I am intrigued as to the talented man is! The books sounds very interesting! I do love a twist on fairy tales.
    This is my Teaser Tuesday at Bookmunchies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am intrigued and I'd like to know more about this talented musician and how he figures into the plot. Good teaser.
    My Teaser is from A COLLIE RESCUE.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I am intrigued and I'd like to know more about this talented musician and how he figures into the plot. Good teaser.
    My Teaser is from A COLLIE RESCUE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A captivating teaser.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! This sounds like a really fun unique read. I'd have no idea how to create music with a computer so it'd be interesting to read about someone else doing it.
    Thanks for stopping by Project to be Read :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! I want to know more about this man!! Great teaser!!
    Thanx for
    visiting my TT

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal
    Palace


    New Linky Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Li @ rulethewaves.netSeptember 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM

    Intriguing teaser! The premise of the novel sounds interesting too.

    Thanks fro dropping by my blog earlier! Happy reading =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Intriguing teaser. I've never heard of this book before, but it sounds promising. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! I like the sounds of that one. I think I need to check it out.
    Thanks for droppin by my teaser.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *