Reading e-books before bed.

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Stacking the Shelves [4] and In My Mailbox [5]


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, in which book lovers can compare their book hauls from the previous week.
In my case, (e)books I receive in the (e)mail.

This week, the ebooks for tours I signed up for came in. Most of them are for review, watch out for those. I'm excited for these books because they all sound good.




My swag pack winnings from author Heather McCorkle arrived earlier this week. *flails*


As for Kindle books, I try to stay away from them as much as possible but I availed of one free book and bought the other for 99 cents.




Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.
In my case, (e)books I purchased.

As I've said above, I bought a Kindle book. Woot! I can finally add reviews in Amazon. Hehehe.

I didn't want to buy books because I'm technically broke but this week was Manila International Book Fair and I couldn't let this pass again. I went on Thursday, not really planning on buying anything, I just wanted to check it out because the last time I went was in 2007. But when I saw these books, I just had to get them. LOL


A month ago I bought a paperback copy of Graceling on sale and I was so happy to find a hardbound copy of its sequel for a cheaper price! LOL.


Pugad Baboy is a Filipino comic strip book by Pol Medina Jr. I'm a fan of this hilarious collection and have been buying them since high school. The last edition I had was #21 which I bought years ago, I couldn't find the new editions anywhere and I was so happy that I found them in the book fair. These are #22 and #23, I couldn't buy #24 because I ran out of funds. Hehehe.

These are the books I recently acquired and/or purchased. What about you?

6 comments:

  1. Iridescent looks so good!!
    And congratulations on winning the swag prize :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got some great books and bookish things! Alibi was really good. The Swag pack you got is so fantastic! Great win. I really loved Fire. Have you read Bitterblue yet? So good! Hope you enjoy all the books you got this week! Thanks for sharing and happy reading!

    MaryAnn @ Chapter by Chapter
    Stop by our STS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh congrats on the swag pack! Fire looks really good :D


    Here is my STS: http://blogofabookaholic.blogspot.com/2012/09/stacking-shelves-17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I heard the series is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't even read Graceling yet. I'm backlogged with books to read. Halp! LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *