Reading e-books before bed.

Saturday, September 08, 2012

In My Mailbox [4]


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, in which book lovers can compare their book hauls from the previous week.

I received the following ebooks as part of tours I signed up for. Click the image to see details about each book. :)


I'm so excited to read them all! I'll also get book 2 in the Ember series and book 2 of Vaempires in a few weeks or so. Gah! So happy.

A couple of authors contacted me and offered their book in exchange of honest reviews. I love this gig, I get free books and make new friends!


Title: Opening the Ball
Author: Nathaniel Simpson
Goodreads
Jonathan Chambers isn’t a vampire. He isn’t a wizard. He doesn’t have a girlfriend. His teenage life was relatively normal until a mysterious stranger recruited him to an even more mysterious paramilitary academy for gifted boys.

After years of rigorous training, he and two others are selected for an elite program that will test their mettle and their friendship by sending them back in time to alter the present. On one of the bloodiest days of battle of the Civil War, they will learn a life-altering lesson – that not everything is always as it seems.


One thing I like aside from YA and Chic lit is anything that involves time travel. I'm not into history much unless someone goes back in time to experience it. (i.e. Doctor Who)


Title: The Day Zombies Ruined My Perfectly Boring Life
Author: Jen Naumann
Goodreads
Seventeen-year-old Emma Ferdig has spent her entire life stuck in an itty-bitty town that is basically smack-dab in the middle of nowhere. She’s not bored because there are always the same mundane things to do with her best friend Finn every single weekend, but bored as in there is literally nothing for a teenage girl to do that doesn't involve farm animals and the threat of law enforcement.

But now she would do pretty much anything to go back to that boring life.

Emma's life is turned upside down after a night of senior pranks by the discovery of a real, live (better make that dead) zombie in her own backyard. In a breakneck journey across the rural Midwest, Emma will recruit a minivan full of teenage misfits while trying to survive, and uncover the secrets behind this zombie invasion. She’ll discover the true identity of Finn’s mother, the dark conspiracy that has infiltrated the U.S. Army, and maybe even realize the person she has been waiting to save her was right by her side the whole time.

As it turns out, life in a boring little town hadn’t been such a bad thing, after all.

Jen offered me her novels and she has a dystopian book coming up some time soon. She gave me a copy of her zombie novel which sounds humorous from the synopsis and she confirmed it. My first zombie novel. Woot!


2 comments:

  1. You have a lot of books I just haven't seen before - I think it's all your indie love! I just saw Ember somewhere else so I'm definitely checking that one out. The Ghost looks like something I'd like, too!

    Have a great week!


    My
    Sunday Post/Clock Rewinder

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the cover of Ember. The other books look great too!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *