Reading e-books before bed.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

In My Mailbox [2] and Stacking the Shelves [1]

Since In My Mailbox is meant for (e)books we receive in the (e)mail, I decided to participate in Stacking the Shelves as well because it's more appropriate with how I acquire my (ebooks). So this is obviously a 2-in-1 post because this week, not only did I hoard a ton of free Kindle books, I also bought some hardbound books on sale, received some ebooks for review, AND won in two contests. WOOT! WOOT!


In My Mailbox is a weekly meme, hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren, in which book lovers can compare their book hauls from the previous week.

Like what I mentioned earlier, I won in two separate contests. I received in my mail a copy of:

It feels so good to win in contests. God knows how many I've joined already. I keep thinking, I'd join as many giveaways as I can and eventually I'd win something. Winning feels awesome!

Lately I've been joining tour groups and helping promote authors and their works. One of the perks of being a tour host is receiving digital copies of the books you're featuring in your blog. Here are some of the ones I received for the past week or two.

  1. Savage by Willow Rose
  2. My Hero is My Monster by June Spears
  3. The Twilight Saint by Jessica Penot
  4. The Rebel Princess by Anne M. Strick
  5. Finding Summerland by Paige Bleu
  6. Forbidden Mind by Kimberly Kindrade
Aside from those, 2 authors contacted me and asked if I could review their books. And of course, I am more than happy to be of service.

Now that's done, let's head on to...



Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, and is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual.

Since I am broke, I try to stay away from bookstores to keep myself from drooling over books I can't afford to buy. But last Friday was an exception, I was in the bookstore to buy packing tape (because we were moving to a new house), and I saw a table full of hardbound books on sale. At closer look, I found out that they are mostly YA hard-bounds from public(?) libraries in the US. I do not know why we had those in the bookstore but they were on sale and priced at Php99 ($2.41). Browsing the titles, I found some pretty interesting, unfamiliar books, and some well-known ones which made my whole body tingle--I just had to have them. I decided to buy 4 hard-bounds.

Blue Bloods [Keys to the Repository], Flipped
The Vampire Diaries: Stefan's Diaries - Origins, Last Sacrifice
When I was paying for these books, I was surprised that it was even marked down from Php99 to Php70 ($1.71)! It made me want to buy more, but I had to remind myself that I only have ample money and the ones I got were the best that I could get. Plus, we were in the middle of packing and moving so I can't bring more.

Blue Bloods, if I'm not mistaken is the first book in the series. Stefan's Diaries, I think can be read even if I've only read the first book in the series. I loved the movie Flipped so hopefully reading the book would give me more insight about Juli Baker and Bryce. I have not read ANY Vampire Academy books but I've heard really good things about it from a friend so I decided to get that hard bound copy as well. Maybe I'd give it away as a prize in a contest, I don't know. I just wanted to get it.

Last week, someone tweeted a link to a free Kindle book, which I availed. Afterwards, I discovered more free Kindle books that fall in the range of my interests, so I got them all. Here are the 23 books I hoarded, linked to their Amazon pages. Hopefully they are still free for you. :)
  1. BECOME: A Novel of Desolation by Ali Cross
  2. Haunted on Bourbon Street (Jade Calhoun Series Book 1) by Deanna Chase
  3. Mark of the Witch (Boston Witches) by Jessica Gibson [Part of the tour, but got the free ebook from Kindle]
  4. Darker Things (The Lockman Chronicles #1) by Rob Cornell
  5. The Mayfair Moon (The Darkwoods Trilogy #1) by J.A. Redmerski
  6. Breathless (Blue Fire Saga) by Scott Prussing
  7. Hypnotic Seduction (The Seduction Series) by L. L. Kellogg
  8. Draykon (Draykon Series) by Charlotte E. English
  9. Water (The Akasha Series) by Terra Harmony
  10. The Mystic Wolves by Belinda Boring
  11. Birthrights (The Awakening Trilogy) by Christine Butler and Jennifer Oliver
  12. Tempest (#1 Destroyers Series) by Holly Hook
  13. The Arrival (BirthRight Trilogy) by Nicole MacDonald
  14. Madly (Book 1) (Madly Series) by M. Leighton
  15. Soul Mate (Book One) by Richard Crawdord
  16. Legon Awakening: Book One in the Legon Series by Nicholas Taylor
  17. Sojourner (Book 1) (Sojourner Series) Maria Rachel Hooley
  18. EXILED (Immortal Essence Series) by RaShelle Workman
  19. Thirst (Ava Delaney #1) by Claire Farrell
  20. Empire (In Her Name: Redemption, Book 1) by Michael R. Hicks
  21. A Touch of Greek (Out of Olympus #1) by Tina Folsom
  22. Song of the Fairy Queen by Valerie Douglas
  23. Boyfriend from Hell (Fallen Angels Saga #1) by E. Van Lowe
Hoarding is an addiction. There are TONS of books out there and I want to read them all. And every day, a new book comes out, a new author gets published. I hope to read as much as I can before I die.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! I wish I got free books and won contests as well. x) Unfortunately, I haven't come across that chance yet, but Tiffany already had- quite a few times, actually. ;)


    -Alyana =)) @Read, Breathe, Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of awesome there. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *