Reading e-books before bed.

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday [3]: Transcend

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.



This week, I chose an upcoming stand-alone novel by one of my new favorite authors, Christine Fonseca.




Expected publication: September 18th 2012 by Compass Press
Add to Goodreads

All seventeen-year-old composer Ien Montgomery desires is an escape from his family's rigid expectations for his life; someone to inspire his music. When he meets a beautiful violin-prodigy, Kiera McDougal, his life music takes on new life. With her, he imagines a future outside of his parents’ control. That is, until a horrible accident tears them apart.

Sent to die in a sanatorium, Ien’s obsession for Kiera grows unbearable. Tortured by thoughts he can’t escape and the truth of his monstrous disfigurement, he flees, desperate to exact revenge on the people that ruined his life – his parents. But, vengeance is empty. Betrayed by those closest to him, Ien discovers that the price for his happiness may be his sanity.

Set amidst the landscape of New York's Gilded Age, and inspired by Phantom of the Opera, TRANSCEND exposes the fine line between love and madness.

Isn't the cover lovely? I've been admiring it ever since it was revealed.

I think Christine is an amazing writer, that is why I am excited to read more of her works. Read my review of Lacrimosa, the first book in the Requiem series. You can also get a free digital copy of Dies Irae, the prequel to Lacrimosa, and the short story that follows it, Mea Culpa is also free to download in Amazon and Barned & Noble.


What is you WoW pick for this week?

11 comments:

  1. oh! pretty cover! love the darkness.


    stop by my post?! I have an ARC giveaway of my pick! :)
    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. Great pick, it sounds super original. Please check out my WoW!

    We also have a giveaway for Prodigy by Marie Lu that ends tonight.

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza, this sounds AMAZING!

    You've got a new follower in me. :]

    My WoW

    -Kait @ YA Vixens

    ReplyDelete
  4. ARRRGGHH...I can't wait to read this! And that cover is just simply gorgeous! :D Great pick and thanks for sharing! :D

    Here's My WoW post!
    Btw....I am a new follower! :)
    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds incredibly intense. I am adding it to my wishlist. Thank you for the introduction! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sherri PhennicieJuly 26, 2012 at 5:57 AM

    Wow! This one sounds awesome! Another page-turner :)
    I'm a new follower!!!Here's mine:http://fiktishuhs.blogspot.com/2012/07/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. My goodness that sounds like a good book. Great pick!


    Thanks for sharing,


    Dani


    Check out my WOW - http://paulettespapers.com/?p=2248

    ReplyDelete
  8. I heard the first one was really good! I really should read it so that I can look forward to this one! Great pick :) Thanks for stopping by :)


    MaryAnn
    Chapter by Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooooh! This one sounds really good!! I'm going to add it to my TBR Thanks for stopping by my WoW today! And in response to your comment, I'm a solid Team Alex :)
    -Nicole (BooksWorthCF)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The cover for this one is awesome! Hadn't heard of the series, but I'll have to check it out. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LifeisacelebrationJuly 30, 2012 at 10:47 AM

    Need to check this one out. I can alternate between this and the Scarpetta and Alex Cross series.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *