Reading e-books before bed.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday [2]

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week, I chose 3 novels that caught my interest and I can't wait to get my hands on them.




Expected publication: October 16th 2012 by Disney Hyperion
Series: Beta
Goodreads page

Elysia is a clone, created in a laboratory, born as a sixteen year old girl, an empty vessel with no life experience to draw from. She is a Beta, an experimental model of teenaged clone. She was replicated from another teenage girl, who had to die in order for Elysia to be created.

Elysia's purpose is to serve the inhabitants of Demesne, an island paradise for the wealthiest people on earth. Everything about Demesne is bioengineered for perfection. Even the air there induces a strange, euphoric high that only the island's workers—soulless clones like Elysia—are immune to.

At first, Elysia's new life on this island paradise is idyllic and pampered. But she soon sees that Demesne's human residents, the most privileged people in the world who should want for nothing, yearn. And, she comes to realize that beneath its flawless exterior, there is an undercurrent of discontent amongst Demesne's worker clones. She knows she is soulless and cannot feel and should not care—so why are overpowering sensations clouding Elysia's mind?

If anyone discovers that Elysia isn't the unfeeling clone she must pretend to be, she will suffer a fate too terrible to imagine. When Elysia's one chance at happiness is ripped away from her with breathtaking cruelty, emotions she's always had but never understood are unleashed. As rage, terror, and desire threaten to overwhelm her, Elysia must find the will to survive.


Expected publication: September 11th 2012 by Entangled Publishing
Goodreads Page

On the precipice of her sixteenth birthday, the last thing lone wolf Cat Crawford wants is an extravagant gala thrown by her bubbly stepmother and well-meaning father. So even though Cat knows the family’s trip to Florence, Italy, is a peace offering, she embraces the magical city and all it offers. But when her curiosity leads her to an unusual gypsy tent, she exits . . . right into Renaissance Firenze.

Thrust into the sixteenth century armed with only a backpack full of contraband future items, Cat joins up with her ancestors, the sweet Alessandra and protective Cipriano, and soon falls for the gorgeous aspiring artist Lorenzo. But when the much-older Niccolo starts sniffing around, Cat realizes that an unwanted birthday party is nothing compared to an unwanted suitor full of creeptastic amore.

Can she find her way back to modern times before her Italian adventure turns into an Italian forever?






Expected publication: August 28th 2012 by Balzer + Bray
Series: Defiance
Goodreads page

Within the walls of Baalboden, beneath the shadow of the city’s brutal leader, Rachel Adams has a secret. While other girls sew dresses, host dinner parties, and obey their male Protectors, Rachel knows how to survive in the wilderness and deftly wield a sword. When her father, Jared, fails to return from a courier mission and is declared dead, the Commander assigns Rachel a new Protector, her father’s apprentice, Logan—the same boy Rachel declared her love for two years ago, and the same boy who handed her heart right back to her. Left with nothing but fierce belief in her father’s survival, Rachel decides to escape and find him herself. But treason against the Commander carries a heavy price, and what awaits her in the Wasteland could destroy her.

At nineteen, Logan McEntire is many things. Orphan. Outcast. Inventor. As apprentice to the city’s top courier, Logan is focused on learning his trade so he can escape the tyranny of Baalboden. But his plan never included being responsible for his mentor’s impulsive daughter. Logan is determined to protect her, but when his escape plan goes wrong and Rachel pays the price, he realizes he has more at stake than disappointing Jared.

As Rachel and Logan battle their way through the Wasteland, stalked by a monster that can’t be killed and an army of assassins out for blood, they discover romance, heartbreak, and a truth that will incite a war decades in the making.


I just noticed they fall under different genres. Hahahaha! I love it. :D

15 comments:

  1. Beta was good but disturbing. Some funny parts too though. I am really curious about Defiance and My Super Sweet 16th Century. Thanks for stopping by My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defiance sounds so good! I cant wait to read it! Thanks for stopping by My WoW


    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like everyone is looking forward to My Super Sweet Sixteenth Century
    - Alex
    Breakfast At Bookland and Cupcakes and Literature

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie VerhaegenJuly 18, 2012 at 10:14 PM

    They all seem like awesome books! :D
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beta looks amazing, and I didn't do a review for it, but I give it a 3/5 stars :) I'm giving it away, lol. And I can't wait to read My Super Sweet 16th Century for the blog tour! :D AND DEFIANCEEE, argghhh, I understand your pain luv, i've been craving that book like i crave chocolate cake. haha, thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a WoW in common today! I'm also waiting on Defiance, but I've got two others as well. Aside from Defiance, I'm really looking forward to Beta. I can't stop staring at that cover! Thanks for sharing.


    Feel free to check out my WoW here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helène OuwehandJuly 19, 2012 at 1:36 AM

    Beta sounds interesting and Defiance has such a pretty cover! Thanks for stopping by.
    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover for Defiance. Great choice's. I've never head of Beta but it sounds interesting. My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hollie @ Music Books and TeaJuly 19, 2012 at 3:17 AM

    These all look great. Beta sounds really interesting, I can't wait to get my hands on it!


    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Becky @ Stories & SweetiesJuly 19, 2012 at 3:46 AM

    Great choices!! I'm very excited for Sixteenth Century and Defiance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man! You picked lots of great books. I've been waiting on these books for a while.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I have to add a lot of books to my TBR pile because of your post today! Thanks for the picks and stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Andrea @ The Bookish BabeJuly 19, 2012 at 9:53 AM

    Nice picks! I'm really excited to read My Super Sweet 16th Century.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really anxious about Defiance! Great picks. :)


    Here's my WoW
    Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great choices! I'm excited to read BETA and Defiance! I heard amazing things about both books.


    Waiting on Wednesday Lisa @ Shatterbooks
    July To Be Read Pile: Help Me? Vote here!

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *