Reading e-books before bed.

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

"Waiting On" Wednesday #1

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


This is my first time joining this meme and since I've only been obsessed with reading just last June, I have a few books in mind.

This tops my list as I just finished reading Lacrimosa and LOVED IT.




Expected publication: October 30, 2012 by Compress Press
Series: Requiem [2]

What happens when everything you’ve sacrificed for is lost? Aydan thought Nesy’s death would be the end of him, until he meets Nessa and his hope is restored. Could she be Nesy reborn? He is certain she must be. That is, until her lack of memories and incessant nightmares begin to erode his faith.

Zane is used to trusting his mind, his wisdom and his angelic senses. But these attributes are no help with Nessa. He has no way to be certain of her identity, no way to know the truth. That is, unless he listens to the one thing he has refused to acknowledge throughout his existance - he feelings for Nesy.

Blind to both angel and demon, Aydan and Zane must figure out the truth behind Nesy's identity before all is lost, Azza discovers the truth and the Beast is again unleashed.

The lines between good and evil have never been so blurred.
I can't wait to find out if Nessa is indeed Nesy, well I know she is, but still. And it seems like we're going to get a love triangle. Ugh. It's going to be HARD to choose between Aydan and Zane but I think I'll still go with Aydan. Wait, no. I need to find out more about Zane before I make decisions. Aaah! Confusing. Well, I haven't read Mea Culpa yet, maybe by then I can decide which team I'm on.




Expected publication: March 5th 2013 by HarperTeen
Series: Delirium [3]

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight. Of Pandemonium, ALA Booklist noted that “like all successful second volumes, this expands the world and ups the stakes, setting us up for the big finale.”

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.
I gave Delirium and Pandemonium a low rating but that doesn't mean I'm not excited for the release of its 3rd book. Requiem will be the last of the series, as far as I know, and this is where things get more complicated as it is. Lena is torn between two lovers, Alex and Julian, and although I love Alex I can't deny that Julian is different. I'm also happy to find out that the 3rd book will have not only Lena's POV but also her best friends, Hana. By now, she should have been cured and I am curious as to how the mind of a cured works.

Those are my choices for this week. My last choice would have been Divergent's last book but there's still no word about it, only that it is expected to be released next Summer. Can't wait!

8 comments:

  1. I haven't read Delirium yet. The series seems pretty twisty and cliffhangery lol so I'm waiting until all three books are out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the cover for Requiem, it's so pretty! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard great things about the Delirium Trilogy and I would love to read them. I still haven't got the chance but they sound very interesting and I'm sure Requiem will be great. I hope you enjoy it when it comes out. As for the other book, I haven't heard about it since now and I don't know if it's any good but since you obviously liked the fist book I hope you enjoy book two, too.
    Will you visit my WOW.
    ~Marti @ The story behind the book cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blog! I'm a new follower! :) Please consider following the book I'm blogging
    http://17hnak.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jay @ We Fancy BooksJuly 17, 2012 at 4:45 PM

    Requiem!!! Give it to me NOW! I just need it >_<


    My WoW picks


    ~Jay
    We Fancy Books
    .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Grace! You didn't leave your URL, I don't know where to find you. LOL. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower. I love the cover For Requiem. The other book is completely new to me. Come visit me if you get the chance.


    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for Requiem too! I hope the series closes out well!


    Check out what I'm Waiting On.

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *