Reading e-books before bed.

Sunday, July 08, 2012

Digital Library Addition: Lacrimosa and Grasping at Eternity

This week I received digital copies of two interesting novels, one by Christine Fonseca and one by Karen Amanda Hooper. I was excited when they sent me free copies in exchange of reviews, to which I was more than happy to give.


It's been three thousand years since the fall of Azzaziel and the rebirth of evil; three thousand years since the Sentinal Order, an elite group of warrior angels, returned to Celestium. Their job-rid Earth of the dark creatures, the UnHoly. And with luck, end Azza's rule. As if casting out demons isn't hard enough, five-hundred-year-old Nesy has to masquerade as a teenage girl to do it. Nesy is the best of the Sentinals. She never makes mistakes, never hesitates, never gets emotionally involved. Until she meets Aydan. He is evil incarnate; a fallen angel that feeds off the souls of others. Everything Nesy is supposed to hate. But she can't, because he's also the love of her former life as a human girl-a life that ended too soon, tying her to emotions she was never supposed to feel. Now Nesy must choose between doing her duty-damning Aydan to the fiery depths of hell-or saving him, and condemning herself. And her choice may cost her, and Celestium, far more than anyone realizes. How much will she sacrifice for love?
I opened Lacrimosa a couple of nights ago but only started reading last night and after just two chapters, I was already hooked! It's the first angels and demon themed YA novel I read and I'm glad that's the case. Christine Fonseca's writing is great and easy to absorb, and I can't wait to finish this book and write a review about it.


Leave it to Maryah Woodsen to break the one rule that will screw up eternity: Never erase your memories.

Before entering this life, Maryah did the unthinkable—she erased. Now, at seventeen years old, she’s clueless that her new adoptive family has known her for centuries, that they are perpetually reincarnated souls, and that they have supernatural abilities. Oh, and she's supposed to love (not despise) Nathan, the green-eyed daredevil who saved her life.

Nathan is convinced his family’s plan to spark Maryah's memory is hopeless, but his love for her is undying. After spending (and remembering) so many lifetimes together, being around an empty version of his soulmate is heart shattering. He hates acting like a stalker, but has no choice because the evil outcast who murdered Maryah in their last lifetime is still after her.

While Maryah’s hunter inches closer, she and Nathan make assumptions and hide secrets that rip them further apart. Maryah has to believe in the magic within her, Nathan must have faith in the power of their love, and both need to grasp onto the truth before they lose each other forever—and discover just how lonely eternity can be.

X-MEN meets MY NAME IS MEMORY in Karen Amanda Hooper’s latest young adult release.

Just today, earlier today, Karen Hooper sent me a copy of Grasping at Eternity. The plot is very interesting, and though I haven't read My Name is Memory, I've heard good things about it. I'll start reading this as soon as I finish reading Lacrimosa. Reviews will be written afterwards.

30 comments:

  1. Cool! What kinds of books do you read?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried listening to A Game of Thrones, it's a great alternative but not recommended for people who get distracted easily, like me. I kept getting distracted and at some point I realize I'm not paying attention to what I'm listening. And then sometimes I'll fall asleep. :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lacrimosa I want!.. im a digital book reader too..

    ReplyDelete
  4. i use ebook reader now.. more handy.. more compaq.. and cheaper

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ebook is good if you have the right reader like the Kindle. I'm more of an Audiobook person.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, I can't. I'm friends with the authors now and I feel bad redistributing their books. I'll ask them though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is! I just finished reading it the other night and WOW! It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You'll probably get there someday. I used to be a movie addict, downloading and watching movies all day. And then I became addicted to TV shows. I only got back into reading last month. Young Adult novels are easy read, you can finish one in just hours. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can get and ebook reader for PC/laptop din, there are tons of free ebooks online. But still, nothing beats the physical books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The concept of Digital Books got me interested. Now I need to save up for an I-Pad perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Lachrimosa" suggests a sad story due to its apparent origin from the word 'lachrymose.' "Grasping at Eternity" implies an attempt to realize everlasting love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Why do I prefer the movie versions? I really need to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Care to share your digital copy? Looks interesting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Whoa, an angels and demons themed book? This must be really engaging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lacrimosa is good! It was written beautifully and will touch your heart as you keep reading. It's so intense too, no dull moment from beginning to end. 

    ReplyDelete
  16. You can try reading a chapter a day. They're easy reads naman. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just started reading again last June, it feels so good to read again. Each book takes me to a different place, fantasy. I want to read non-fiction books and classics as well but at the moment, I enjoy the YA novels the most. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lacrimosa is sooo good! It's a page turner! I haven't read the other but the authors of these books are so nice. =)

    ReplyDelete
  19.  Seems very interesting .... thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Read the teasers of both books and the story lines looks very interesting from a misplaced love and a struggle between good vs. evil to an impossible love that helps restore the erased memories.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I just finished Lacrimosa, it's really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22.  Oooh great teasers! It's a challenge for me to read books now, and when I do it's mostly non-fiction for my running/training or for my family.

    This from a bookworm, who used to read at least 4 books a day during college! Before I had children, I was reading novels after novels. Specially in Summer.

    Well, Summer is here in the Netherlands, and I have books waiting for me to be read, and these two books you mentioned have piqued my interest. I'll see that I can buy them online before school break begins. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. i don't read a lot of books ,i am more into internet and blogs. but the books are my sons hobby . he loves to read 

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow.. this makes me miss reading a lot! With my busy schedule at work, I barely have time to sit down and relax with a good book. But I'll keep this books in mind :>

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lacrimosa seemed to be interesting.. hmmm... how was it written? 

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lacrimosa is good! Malapit ko na matapos. Yung isa hindi ko pa nababasa pero interesting yung premise. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love reading novels...and I will definitely consider buying those two books... tnx for the info...:D

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, great blog! I am a new follower from GoodReads and would love a follow back!
    http://endlessdaysofbooks.blogspot.com/
    Candace

    ReplyDelete

Recent Comments

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *